Are you trying to drink less soda or quit drinking soda entirely? Luckily there are many delicious alternatives!
I’m trying to quit drinking soda and recently completed a three day no soda challenge. I’ve been a long-time soda drinker, but knowing there were other tasty options made it easier to reach for those instead.
Soda has many negative health impacts. This drink is linked to weight gain, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and dental problems along with many other issues.
Here are 10 quick, cheap and easy drink ideas to have instead of soda:
- Flavored waters: Add slices of fruit, veggies or herbs to a pitcher of water and chill for a refreshing low calorie drink. You can add limes, lemons, oranges, apples, mint, basil, watermelon, cucumber or any of your other favorites to the water.
- Seltzer or water mixed with juice.This is great because you get a nice sweet, fruity flavor without as much sugar or calories. My favorite juices to mix with water are orange, cranberry, apple and mixed berry juice.
- Cheapo lemonade: Squeeze a lemon wedge in water and add a packet of stevia
- Veggie juice such as V8 or homemade using a juicer or blender
- Vegan milk such as almond, rice, soy or cashew. These often come in different flavors such as unsweetened, vanilla or chocolate.
- Smoothies: Super easy and quick to make in a blender. Just add some milk, fruit and other mix ins such as greens or protein powder. Blend and enjoy!
- Coconut water
- Iced tea, regular or decaf black or green tea.
- Hot or iced herbal tea such as chamomile, cinnamon, or peppermint
- Ice water – very refreshing and the least expensive! : )